- 2 ripe avos
- 1 red onion
- 2 cubed tomatoes, insides removed
- 30g roughly chopped coriander
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
Mash skinned avos with all ingredients and season to taste.
Spice rub for entrecote
- 30g coarse salt
- 20g sugar
- 15g each coriander powder and paprika
- 5g each garlic flakes, peppercorns, onion powder and thyme
Grind in a mortar and pestle or spice grinder until almost fine before rubbing it on the entrecote. Refrigerate for an hour.
- 50g grated Cheddar cheese
- 20g roughly chopped parsley
- 15g cayenne pepper
- zest of one lemon
Mix all the ingredients and spread evenly over two tortillas.
Cover with the remaining two tortillas and press down lightly.
Place the entrecote and corn on a hot grill.
Remove corn when done and drizzle with olive oil and season to taste.
Cook steaks to desired doneness and let it rest.
Place tortillas on the grill allowing the cheese to melt, but don’t burn the tortillas.
Cut tortillas into quarters and serve with the guacamole.
Insider Tip from Bertus: Instead of grilling the corn, gently smoke it with a few wood chips.