- 1 cup each sugar and salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp fennel seeds
- 10 cloves
- 1l water
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a saucepan. Switch off and stir until the salt and sugar are completely incorporated and the water is clear. Cool completely.
- Cover pork belly (skin on and ribs attached) with cold brine and leave in the fridge for 3 -24 hours.
- Remove, rinse and pat dry.
- Season belly with salt and pepper and roast indirectly for 4 hours at 140◦C.
Stuffed Gems Ingredients:
- ½ cup each olives and halloumi cheese / mozzarella
- ¼ cup each sundried tomatoes and shredded basil
- Mix all ingredients together and season to taste.
- Roast seasoned gems in the EGG until soft.
- Fill with stuffing and bake for 5 minutes.