Recipe courtesy of Gerhard Koekemoer.
- 1cup Walnuts chopped
- Packet cake mix
- Packet vanilla instant pudding
- 4 Eggs
- ½ Cup cold water
- ½ Cup NOMU olive oil
- ½ cup Bacardi dark rum
- 100g Butter
- ¼ Cup water
- 1 Cup Castor sugar
- ½ Cup Bacardi dark rum
- Preheat the Big Green Egg for indirect cooking at 160°C and grease a large Bundt pan.
- Sprinkle the chopped nuts over the bottom of the pan.
- Mix all the cake ingredients together then pour the batter over the nuts. Bake for 1 hour.
- While the cake is baking melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in the water and sugar. Boil for about 5 minutes stirring consistently. Remove from the heat and stir in the rum.
- Once the cake is baked, tip it out and poke with holes.
- Pour the glaze over and allow the cake to absorb it.
*Insider’s Tip: You can burn off the rum if you don’t want a very strong rum taste.