- 2 small wheels of brie
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 – 8 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 spring onions finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tbs each chopped fresh thyme and balsamic vinegar
- Preheat EGG to 205◦C.
- Scrape rind off top of each wheel of brie to expose the cheese and set aside.
- Heat olive oil and sauté garlic until softened.
- Add spring onions, peppers, thyme and balsamic vinegar and sauté for 5 minutes stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and season to taste.
- Place a pre-soaked (for at least 4 hrs) cedar plank directly on the grill and wait for about 8 minutes before evenly dividing the pepper mixture on top of the brie wheels and placing it on the plank.
- Close the lid and bake for 8 – 10 minutes or until cheese begins to melt.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Our cedar smoking planks can be reused if they’re not too blackened.