- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 T sea salt
- 3 1/2 cups pecan halves
- 4 slices of bacon diced
- 1/3 cup beer
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Set the Big Green Egg for indirect cooking at approximately 180°C and scatter some wood chips through the lit charcoal.
- Line a baking sheet with aluminium foil sprayed with Cook ‘n Spray.
- Combine all the ingredients except for the nuts in an Enameled Cast Iron Dutch Oven and let it come to the boil. Stir often for 10 minutes.
- Add the pecans and transfer to the well sprayed and lined baking sheet.
- Bake for between 15 and 20 minutes.
- Transfer to another piece of aluminium foil and let cool. Serve at room temperature or in a sterilised glass jar as a gift.