Makes 4 treats.
- 100g Butterscotch sweets
- 4 sheets of puff pastry (10cm x 10cm)
- 1 Egg
- 2 Large apples
- Flour, for dusting
- Ice cream
- Set four butterscotch sweets aside and finely grind the remainder in a food processor.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry onto a floured work surface.
- Beat the egg and brush the sides of the pastry.
- Halve the apples widthwise so that you have 4 thick rings.
- Place an apple ring on each slice of puff pastry with the widest part pointing up.
- In the middle of the apple (where the core was), place one butterscotch sweet and sprinkle the finely ground butterscotch candies over the apple ring.
- Position the puff pastry pieces with the apple rings onto the Baking Stone and bake for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve with ice cream.
Recipe courtesy of Big Green Egg Europe.