- 1kg pork belly whole
- 60g black peppercorns
- 120g whole juniper berries
- 650g coarse salt
- 300g dark brown sugar
- 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 5 garlic cloves
- 5 bay leaves crushed
- 20g thyme leaves
- 20g rosemary leaves
- Combine all the ingredients and rub it on the pork belly, including all the little grooves.
- Place a weight on top of the meat, which must be in a deep container.
- Put the container in the back of the fridge for 2 – 3 weeks.
- Empty out the collected liquid daily and turn the pork belly.
- After 2 – 3 weeks, rinse with cold water and then smoke on the EGG at a low temperature for 30 minutes.
Insider’s Tip: Goes supremely well with Jack Daniels Wood Chips!