2 kg Grassfed beef deboned brisket – fat on!
Wet Pickle Ingredients:
- 3 cups water
- 1/4 cup Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 x Bay leaves
- tablespoon coriander seeds crushed
- teaspoon peppercorns crushed
- tablespoon mustard seeds crushed
Place all in a pot and heat till sugar dissolved. Then using your Stainless Steel Flavour Injector inject into meat. Place brisket in a deep dish, pour in all the brine and cover dish with clingwrap. Place in the back of your fridge for 3 days. Nurse it by turning every day and making sure the pickle mix covers the meat.After 3 days take out and soak for 8 hours in cold water. Pat dry.
- 4 tablespoons fresh coarsely ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
Mix together. Massage a little oil onto your grassfed beef brisket to help the seasoning stick. Rub spice mix generously onto the brisket. Leave to marinade overnight.
- Smoke on Big Green Egg using Jack Daniels wood chips until the internal temperature is 63°C.
- Serve with loads of grass fed pastrami sandwiched between dark rye bread, sweet and sour crunchy pickles and with lashings of deli mayo (mayo mixed with a little mustard).