- 500g black cherries, pitted
- 150g cake flour
- 180g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 240 ml cream
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp brandy (optional)
- Butter, for buttering the baking tin
- In a medium bowl, combine flour and sugar and set aside. In another small bowl, whisk eggs, cream, vanilla extract and brandy (if using) until well blended. Pour it into the bowl with sugar and flour mixture, whisking continuously till it forms a smooth batter. Let it rest for about half an hour.
- Set the Egg for indirect cooking using the convEGGtor in the legs down position. Stabilise the temperature at 200°C.
- Butter and flour a Round Drip Pan.
- Place the cherries in the dish and pour the batter over.
- Place the dish on the convEGGtor and bake for 30-35 mins, until the batter rises and the top is golden.
- Serve warm. You can sprinkle some icing sugar over the top if you want a sweeter flavour.