- 1 portion (500g) Salmon
- 250 ml Coarse salt (do not substitute with fine salt)
- 250 ml White sugar
- 125 ml Chopped fennel or dill leaves
- Combine ingredients and season salmon liberally. Cover with clingfilm and refrigerate 2-4 hours before smoking.
- Rinse salmon thoroughly.
- Place on non-stick matt and transfer to smoker.
- Smoke with Cherry Wood Chips over low temperature (recommended 100°C). Internal temperature at thickest part should not exceed 55°C which will take about 20 minutes.
Wasabi Yogurt Cucumber Spaghetti
- 5 each cucumbers
- 50 ml Salt
- 1 litre Full cream double thick plain yoghurt
- 10-15 ml Wasabi paste
- Rinse cucumbers and using a mandolin cut spaghetti strips, discarding the seeds.
- Mix salt into cucumber and let it rest for 2-4 hours for salt to draw and cure cucumber.
- Rinse cucumber in cold water and squeeze out excess fluid.
- Mix yogurt and wasabi and mix into the cumber.
- Season yogurt to taste with salt & black pepper.