Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
- 5 large strawberries, halved
- 1 large pineapple, peeled and sliced into thick rings
- 2 lemons, halved
- 500 ml – 750 ml coconut water
- 1 cup simple syrup:
- 1 pineapple; peeled, cored and chopped
- 4 strawberries, cleaned and halved
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- ½ cup desiccated coconut
- Fresh mint
- Place the strawberries, pineapples and lemons on the hot grid, with direct heat. Allow to char on both sides, remove and set half the fruits aside for garnish.
- Place the charred strawberries and pineapple in a cocktail shaker and muddle with half the coconut water. Set aside.
- In a Cast Iron Sauce Pot heat the ingredients for the simple syrup and allow to reduce until you are left with a sticky syrup. Strain and discard the fruit.
- Fill a jug with crushed ice and top with muddled coconut water.
- Add the symple syrup, charred lemon and fresh mint.
- Give the contents of the jug a stir, and top up with more coconut water.
- Toast the desiccated coconut until dark and roasted.
- Dip the leftover charred fruit in the toasted coconut and serve as garnish.