- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
½ tsp ground ginger
- 1¼ cups buttermilk, plus extra if needed
- 3 tbsp molasses
- Set EGG for indirect cooking at 191°C.
- Combine all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, baking soda, salt and ginger in a large bowl; mix well.
- Add buttermilk and molasses and mix well.
- Combine to make a dry, rough dough; add additional buttermilk if needed.
- Transfer dough to a Dough Rolling Mat or a lightly floured surface. Knead 8 to 10 times until smooth, don’t overknead.
- Shape dough into a round loaf 3cm thick. Cut halfway through the dough, scoring
the dough into quarters.
- Dust dough with flour.
- Place on a Pizza/Baking Stone and add to the EGG.
- Bake about 35 minutes or until bread sounds hollow when tapped.
- Remove to cooling rack to cool slightly. Serve warm with Irish Stew.