- ¾ cups of flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- Pinch of salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 ½ tablespoons smooth apricot jam
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- ⅓ cup of milk
- 1 cup white sugar
- ½ cup cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- Pinch of salt
Smoked Nut and Lemon Crumble:
- 100 gr mixed nuts, crushed
- 1 lemon, zest retained
- Fill the Minimax firebox ⅓ with charcoal and light it with the Greenfire Eco-Firelighters. Set it up for indirect cooking (convEGGtor in legs down position) and allow the temperature to stabilise at 180 degrees Celsius.
- Prepare the pudding in two greased, heart shaped ramekins by mixing all the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients and mix until incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into the ramekins and place on the convEGGtor. Close the lid and bake for 15 – 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the sugar for the caramel sauce in a small oven safe saucepan.
- Halfway through the baking time for the pudding, open the Minimax lid and place the saucepan with the sugar, on the convEGGTOR. Close the lid to allow the sugar to melt for the rest of the baking time.
- After 15 minutes, test the puddings with a cake tester. If ready, remove the ramekins with the heat resistant Silicone BBQ mitt, and set aside. If not, allow another 5 minutes in the egg until ready.
- Swirl the sugar and allow to melt and caramelise. Keep a close eye on the sugar and when it starts to change to a dark amber colour, remove the saucepan with the heat resistant BBQ mitt.
- Carefully add the cream, vanilla essence and salt. Mix well with a whisk and set aside.
- Now remove the convEGGTOR with your heat resistant BBQ mitt and place the soaked wood chips on the coals (a handful of Pecan Wood Chips should be sufficient). Carefully replace the convEGGTOR into the Minimax.
- Place the nuts and lemon zest in an oven safe bowl and transfer it to the smoky EGG.
- Close the lid and allow the temperature to build up once more, allowing the nuts to smoke and roast gently. This will take about 10 minutes.
- Carefully remove the smoked nuts and start assembling your pudding.
- On a large platter, turn the ramekins upside down and remove the pudding. Top with generous amounts of caramel sauce and sprinkle with smoked nut and lemon crumble.
Recipe courtesy of Anina Meyer of Anina’s Recipes.