Recipe courtesy of Christie-Anne and Gerhard Wolmarans of Cookingfoody.
Makes : 4 Margarita Pizza
- 250g Cake flour
- 5ml Salt
- 2.5ml Sugar
- 5g Instant yeast
- 125ml Lukewarm water
- 15ml Olive oil
- Olive oil to brush
- Mix flour, salt and sugar together. Add the Instant Yeast and mix.
- Mix the lukewarm water and oil together and add to the flour mixture to form soft dough. If the dough is too dry and firm, add about 10 – 20 ml extra water. The dough must be soft and pliable.
- Knead the dough well for 10 minutes, until smooth and elastic. Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, cover with greased plastic and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Knock the dough down, divide into 4 equal pieces and roll each piece into a round ball.
- Roll each ball on a lightly floured surface into rounds and place on a lightly greased baking tray. Brush the rounds with oil.
- Spread each round with tomato puree. Sprinkle with cheese, cherry tomatoes and organum. Cover with greased plastic and rise in a warm place for about 5 minutes.
- Set Big Green Egg for indirect baking (convEGGtor legs down, stainless steel grid on top with Baking Stone last) at 220 °C and bake for 8 – 10 minutes until golden brown and crisp.
Variations: Cookingfoody baked smoked cherry tomato and cheese pizza with rocket and balsamic reduction as well as smoked ham and pineapple pizza at the recent Fijnwyn Food and Wine festival.
1 tin chopped tomatoes (blended) – or tomato and onion
I small tin tomato puree
Oregano spice/mixed herbs
Salt and pepper
1t olive oil
1 t sugar depending on taste.
Add all ingredients in a pot cook for about 5 min until thickness required
Cool down and spread on pizza’s.