Courtesy of Kerry Gibson of Kerry’s Kitchen.
- 1 large chicken spatchcocked, or
- 2kgs chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp smoked Spanish paprika
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- ½ cup parsley chopped finely
- ½ mint chopped finely
- 2tsp grated lemon zest and juice from 1 lemon
- 2tbsp tomato paste
- Place all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
- Pat and dry the chicken before rubbing the marinade all over the chicken.
- Marinade for 4 hours or overnight.
- Set the Big Green Egg for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor in place and the stainless steel grid on top.
- Set your temperature to between 180°C and 190°C.
- Place the chicken on indirect heat with the bone side facing down.
- Cook for 50 mins or until cooked through.
- Brush spare marinade over the chicken after 35mins.
- Remove from heat and let rest for a few minutes before carving.
Serve with a green salad and cous cous.