- 1 cup granulated sugar for dusting
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- ¾ cup plus 2 tablespoons bittersweet chocolate chips
- 4 large eggs and 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2/3 cup flour
Less than 10 minutes
1. Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor legs down preheating to 232◦C.
2. Spray individual ramekins with cooking spray and dust the entire inside with granulated sugar. Set aside.
3. Melt butter and chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat stirring frequently. Set aside and let cool for 10 minutes.
4. Using the whisk attachment of an electric mixer, beat the eggs and egg yolks for 3 – 4 minutes until light and ribbony.
5. Add vanilla extract and confectioners’ sugar and beat for an extra minute.
6. Slowly add the melted chocolate and beat for 1 minute, then add the flour and beat until just mixed.
7. Fill each ramekin ¾ full and refrigerate (minimum 30 minutes, but can be made the day before).
8. Place ramekins onto the convEGGtor and bake for 6 – 8 minutes until slightly firm to the touch.
9. Immediately turn onto plates and serve with whipped cream.
Cakes should be firm, but not cooked all the way through.