For the chocolate mash:
- 1cup Cold mashed potato
- 2cups Dark chocolate chips (85%)
- 10ml Coconut oil
- 10ml Vanilla extract
For the cake:
- 1cup Castor sugar
- 100g Butter
- 125ml Sunflower Oil
- 2 Large eggs
- 1cup of Cake flour
- 5ml Baking powder
- 1cup Coconut
- 250ml Milk or coconut milk
- Prepare the potato mash by peeling your potatoes and boiling until completely soft. Using a masher or food processor, mash the potatoes and let them cool. Set aside for use later.
- Pour the coconut oil and chocolate chips in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave using 30 second intervals on the maximum power level. After every 30 seconds, stir the chocolate using a spatula. Carry on with 30 second intervals until the chocolate has melted and has a glossy appearance. You may also melt the chocolate using a double boiler if you prefer. Set the chocolate aside for use later.
- Mix the cooled mashed potato into the melted chocolate mixture followed by the vanilla extract. Beat this mixture well with an electric beater to create a smooth consistency. Set this mixture aside for use later.
- Prepare the cake by creaming the sugar, butter & oil together until you have a creamy paste.
- Add the eggs one at a time and beat well. The eggs are optional and you may leave them out.
- Add the cake flour, baking powder and coconut to the mixture and beat well. Your cake mixture will be very stiff.
- Next add the milk and mix well until the milk is incorporated before adding the mashed potato mixture. This will give your cake a mouse-like appearance.
- Once the batter is well mixed, pour this into a prepared 20 x 10 (sprayed with baking spray) silicone Bundt pan.
- Bake indirectly with convEGGtor in place at 175°C for 50 – 60 minutes until a skewer comes out clean.
- Top with ganache.