- 4 – 5kg shoulder of pork
- Pork seasoning
10 – 15 hours
1. Wash the roast thoroughly with cold water and pat dry.
2. Rub generously with seasoning getting into all the nooks and crannies.
3. Wrap or cover and refrigerate overnight.
4. Remove from fridge and bring to room temperature.
5. Pre-heat EGG to 280 – 300°C.
6. When the temperature stabilizes, put the roast in fat side down. Cook for 30 minutes, turn the roast over, and cook for another 30 minutes, fat side up.
7. Cover the roast with aluminum foil and turn the temperature down to 200°C. When the grill reaches this temp, remove the foil.
8. Cook the roast for 6 hours, spritzing (spraying) the meat whenever you think about it with an apple juice/worchestershire mixture (to taste) using a small spray bottle.
8. Wrap the roast completely with aluminum foil, pouring in about ½ to ¾ cup of the apple juice mix.
9. Total cooking time will usually run about 1:20 per ½ kg., so you have about 3 ½ hours to go for a 4kg roast.
10. Let the roast(s) cool for about an hour before eating.
Pull apart the roast and use any leftovers for delicious sarmies!