- 1 red pepper
- 1 red onion, peeled
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 red chillies
- Set the EGG for direct high heat cooking and place the ingredients on the stainless steel grid.
- Allow to char and soften – approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove the pepper, onion, tomatoes and chilli from the grid (they should be nice and blistered). Allow to cool slightly.
- Chop all the ingredients rustically to make a salsa.
6 chicken thighs marinaded in a bit of lemon juice and olive oil and grilled over a high heat until cooked.
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking with the convEGGtor in place (legs up), followed by the stainless steel grid and the Baking Stone. Allow the EGG to reach a high temperature.
- Spread home made tomato sauce over the pizza base.
- Sprinkle 1 cup of grated aged cheddar,followed by the grilled chicken, about 5 shitaki mushrooms (quartered) , the smoky salsa and some Mozzarella to your liking. You can add some extra cheddar at this stage, if you want. Top this with about 50g of chopped fresh rocket roughly chopped.
- Drizzle a bit of olive oil on the assembled pizza before sliding it into a very hot EGG.
- Close the lid and bake until the sides are crunchy and golden brown (this will depend on the thickness of your base).