Blue cheese butter:
- 200g unsalted butter
- 125g Cremelat gorgonzola
- 70ml Port
- 30 ml Brandy
- 100g Italian flat leaf parsley
- Place butter,gorgonzola,port and brandy in food processor and blitz till smooth.
- Wash parsley,and chop fine.
- Fold the parsley through the butter and roll into a sausage ,between clingwrap and place in the freezer till needed.
Mix 100g rocket leaves, 1 avocado and 3 plum tomatoes. Dress with aged balsamic when serving.
- Rib eye on the bone 650 gr ×1(dry aged for 2 weeks)
- Black pepper
- Maldon salt
- Good quality olive oil
- Set the EGG for direct cooking using a Cast Iron Dual Side grid. Let the EGG stabilise at a very hot 350°C.
- Once it has reached temperature, dab the steak with a tiny amount of olive oil just to coat the surface of the steak on both sides.
- Season generously with Maldon salt and black pepper on both sdes.
- Place steak on grid and close the lid.
- Turn the steak every 2 minutes remembering to close the lid each time after turning.
- Do this for a total of 8 minutes.
- Remove the steak from the EGG and place 3 generous slices of the blue cheese butter on top of the steak.
- Allow to rest for 5 minutes.
- Plate steak with the dressed salad and carve.