Serves: 4 people
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 20 min
- 3 peaches, cut into thick slices or halved
- 2 limes, cut into halves
- 500 ml -750 ml soda water
- 4 tots of Jack Daniels Whiskey
- 1 cup Simple Syrup:
- 2 peaches, cut into slices
- 4 basil leaves
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- Fresh basil leaves to serve
After you enjoyed grilling your favourite meat, the egg will be hot enough to grill and char some fruit for cocktails.
- Place the peaches and limes on a hot grill, with direct heat. If you’ve just finished a braai, your EGG should be around 200°C which is perfect for caramelising the fruits.
- Allow to char on both sides. Set some fruits aside for garnish.
- Place the charred fruit in a cocktail shaker, and add the soda water. Muddle and strain.
- In a cast iron sauce pot heat the ingredients for the simply syrup, and allow to bubble and reduce, for about 8-10min. Strain and discard the fruit, so that you are left with a sticky sweet syrup.
- Fill each glass with ice and pour a tot of Jack Daniels whiskey in each glass.
- Top with muddled soda water, and a tablespoon of simple syrup.
- Garnish with leftover charred fruit.
- Serve immediately.