- 1 Lamb shoulder, bone in
- 60ml Olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Couple of lemons cut in half
- Handful thyme
- Season to taste
- Set the Big Green Egg for indirect cooking to 200◦C.
- Rub the lamb with Olive oil and then rub with garlic and a liberal dose of salt.
- Place the lamb in a roasting tin with a cup of water and scatter the thyme sprigs over the lamb. Surround with lemons.
- Close the Big Green Egg dome and after 15 minutes reduce the heat to 150◦C.
- Allow the lamb to cook for 4 – 7 hours.
Recipe courtesy of chef Arnold Tanzer of Food on the Move.