- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large leeks, sliced into 5mm pieces and cleaned
- ¼ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- ¼ cup cream
- 30g blue cheese
- 30g chopped walnuts
- 4 Sirloin Steaks
- Set EGG for direct cooking at 232°C.
- Add leeks to melted butter and cook, stirring, until they soften and start to brown slightly.
- Add white wine and chicken stock. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook until stock is reduced by about half (about 10 minutes).
- While sauce reduces, grill sirloin steaks to desired degree of doneness. When finished, remove from EGG and keep warm. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- When stock is reduced, add cream. Decrease temperature of EGG to 177°C and let sauce thicken. Add blue cheese, stirring until cheese melts into leeks and sauce.
- To serve, slice steak into pieces, spoon sauce over all and garnish with chopped walnuts.