Recipe courtesy of chef Gerhard Koekemoer and cooked at a recent EGGcademy class.
- 2kg Deboned beef short rib trimmed
- 240ml Passata
- 250ml Tomato juice
- 1 Onion finely chopped
- 3tbs Cider vinegar
- 2tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 2tbsp Tabasco sauce
- ¼tbsp ground cinnamon
- 250ml Wolftrap Red wine
- 1 x Small cappuccino
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- Set the Big Green Egg for direct cooking at 180°C.
- Prepare the deboned short rib by rubbing it with salt and pepper then some olive oil. Grill the entire piece of short rib until it is seared on both sides.
- Remove the ribs from the heat. Cut into cubes and set aside. Keep the temperature at 180°C. At this stage, you can choose to cook your stew directly or indirectly (with the convEGGtor in place)
- In a separate saucepan bring to the boil: passata, tomato juice, onion, vinegar, cinnamon, Worcestershire sauce, red wine, cappuccino and tabasco.
- Add the ribs and bake for 45 – 60 minutes or until the meat is tender.
- Serve with steamed rice or starch of choice.