Whole free range chicken
Handful of Cherry wood chips
Olive oil or butter
1 – 1 ¼ hours
1. Soak the wood chips in water for 30 minutes to an hour.
2. Set the EGG at 180◦C.
3. Remove the giblets from the chicken.
4. Mix some olive oil or butter with some of the seasoning and gently insert under the skin.
5. Coat the chicken in seasoning and some olive oil or butter.
6. Using the grid lifter, remove the stainless steel grid and scatter the towel dried wood chips amongst the coals and then replace the grid.
7. Position the chicken on the vertical chicken roaster and the roaster on a drip pan.
8. Place vegetables around the roaster and position on the grid.
9. Cook for 1 – 1 ¼ hours or until juices run clear.