- 1 Pickled cow tongue from Braeside Butchery
- 2 White onions cut into quarters
- 2 Carrots chopped
- 4 Cloves
- 2 Bay leaves
- ½ Tin condensed milk
- 100g Sugar
- 55g Mustard powder
- 100g Mayonnaise
- 100ml white spirit vinegar
- Wash the pickled tongue and place in a large pot with the onion, carrot, cloves and bay leaves.
- Cover with water and cook for 3 hours.
- Remove the skin while the tongue is still hot and place the warm tongue on a baking sheet and in the Big Green Egg to smoke for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Wash the tongue after, slice into pieces and serve with the sweet mustard sauce.
Whisk all the ingredients together and set in the fridge for 15 minutes to cool.
Insider’s tip: We used Apple Wood Chips for this recipe cooked at EGGcademy.
Recipe courtesy of Gerhard Koekemoer of Miele.