- 500g Flour
- 350g Water
- 5g Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt
- 30g Sugar
- 60ml Olive Oil
- 1 pkt. Instant Yeast
- Mix all of the ingredients — by hand, mixer, or bread machine — to make a soft, supple dough.
- Knead for 5 minutes, put the dough in a lightly greased bowl, and cover with plastic.
- Allow the dough to rest for at least 15 minutes.
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 204°C.
- Divide the dough in half, and pat each onto a Pizza/Baking Stone.
- Bake the crusts for 10 minutes, and then remove them from the EGG.
- Brush them lightly with olive oil or garlic oil.
- 2 Rainbow Trout – brined overnight in salt solution including Robertsons Pickling Spice
- Cedar Plank, soaked for 3 hours
- 10g Robertson’s Zesty Lemon and Herb Master Blend
- 20ml Olive Oil
- 20ml Apricot Jam
- Set the EGG for direct cooking and stabilise the temperature at 180°C .
- Dry the Trout and then brush liberally with apricot jam.
- Sprinkle flesh side with the Roberston’s spices.
- Place the cedar planks on the grid, close the lid of the EGG, and preheat for 3 minutes.
- Open the lid and turn the planks over, brush them with the olive oil, and place 2 trout fillets on each plank.
- Cook the trout for 10 minutes.
- Cool and serve at room temperature with steamed spring vegetables, such as baby carrots, asparagus and zucchini with melted butter and grated lemon zests.
- Top trout with crème fraiche mixture (100g crème fraiche, 10g mustard and 5g dill).
You could also substitute the trout with some beautiful salmon.