- 600g pizza dough
- 300g baby spinach
- 30ml olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 sweet onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 45 g freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 120g fresh mozzarella cheese, finely diced
- 225g ricotta cheese
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- All-purpose flour for dusting
- Let the dough sit at room temperature 1 to 2 hours before building the calzone.
- Set the EGG for indirect cooking at 204°C.
- Rinse the spinach and let drain.
- In a pan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- Add the sweet onion and cook until translucent, then add the garlic and cook about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach, cover and cook until tender.
- Drain the spinach mixture in a colander, pressing gently to remove excess liquid. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add the cheeses and mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough on a Dough Rolling Mat and use the Calzone Press to cut out the dough circles and form calzones.
- Place the calzones on a preheated Pizza/Baking Stone and bake until golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack for 10 minutes.