Sticky Date and Toffee Pudding:
- 250ml Dates, pitted and chopped
- 5ml Bicarbonate of soda
- 250ml Boiling water
- 100ml Butter
- 250ml Soft brown sugar
- 10ml Mixed spice
- 5ml Vanilla essence
- 2 Eggs
- 100g Pecan nuts
- 375ml Self-rising flour, sifted
- 250ml Brown sugar
- 180ml Whipping cream
- 5ml Vanilla
- 30ml Butter
- Set the Big Green Egg for indirect baking at 180°C.
- Mix the dates and baking soda in a bowl.
- Pour boiling water on top and leave until needed.
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- Add mixed spice and vanilla essence and the one egg at a time, beat well after each addition.
- Chop half the pecan nuts and stir through the mixture.
- Toast the remaining nuts and set aside for serving.
- Fold sifted flour into the butter sugar mixture, and then stir in the date mixture.
- Pour into a square cake tin or drip pan.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes, until the skewer comes out clean.
For the sauce:
- Combine the sugar, cream, vanilla essence and butter in a saucepan, bring to the boil, stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3 Egg whites
- 125ml Castor Sugar
- 30ml Brandy
- 100g Fresh cherries pitted and chopped.
- 250ml Cream
- Butter 1.5lt bread tin and line with cling wrap.
- Whip the eggwhites until perky.
- Add the castor sugar in stages and whip until the mixture is smooth and glossy.
- Mix in the brandy.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until stiff.
- Fold the whipped cream into the meringue mixture then fold in the cherries.
- Spoon into the bread tin and place in freezer.