- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- Zest of ½ lemon, finely grated
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour, for kneading the dough
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 ball prepared pizza dough, at room temperature
- ¼ cup uncooked polenta, for rolling the dough
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (such as canola) or nut oil (such as walnut)
- 230ml fresh blueberries, picked over
- 230ml pint fresh raspberries, picked over
- ¼ cup honey
- Combine the ricotta, vanilla, 2 tablespoons of the sugar, the ginger, and lemon zest in a medium bowl. Reserve for topping.
- Sprinkle the work surface with the flour. Mix the remaining 3 tablespoons sugar with the cinnamon and knead it into the dough. Set aside until ready to make pizza.
- Set the EGG for direct cooking at 200°C. Preheat a Pizza & Baking Stone.
- Roll out and shape the dough, add to preheated Pizza & Baking Stone ,and cook the first side of the crust. Use tongs to turn the crust over. Continue cooking until the bottom crust is well browned.
- Remove from the EGG and immediately spread it evenly with the ricotta mixture. Let your inner artist dictate how you arrange the berries over the top. Finish with a generous drizzle of honey. Slice and serve immediately.
Serves 2 to 4
*You may also want to try adding the pulp from 2 fresh passion fruits to the ricotta cheese mixture.