Chef Gerhard Koekemoer from Miele recently hosted a Banting inspired EGGcademy.
Guests were tasked with preparing and plating the following menu:
- Spicy sweet potato and cauliflower bubble and squeak
- Chicken livers with a baby spinach salad
- Smoked paprika and lemon marinated lamb chops with a veggie bake and wasabi coconut sauce
- Smoked line fish with cauliflower mash
- Baked lamingtons and vanilla panna cotta
For some of our guests, it was their first time to cook on the Big Green Egg – they couldn’t simply say it’s their partner’s domain any more; hulle moes kook! Others were “seasoned” – EGGscuse the pun – pro’s yet still learnt some new tricks. So, whether novice or EGGsperienced, all our guests had a fun night out.
For more Big Green Egg events, view our calendar.