A selection of coloured peppers
10 – 15 Minutes
- Preheat the Big Green Egg to 180◦C to 200◦C.
- Place the peppers directly on the grill, turning only as they start to char. Try to cover as much surface as you can.
- Place in large Ziplock bag and allow it to steam up.
- Peel the charred skin off when slightly cooled, cutting the peppers into strips and discarding the inner stem and seeds.
- Fill a sterilised glass jar with olive oil and layer the slices peppers in the jar, topping with fresh basil leaves and slices of garlic.
Recipe by Sam Linsell.