- 125 g flour
- 2 eggs
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 500 g strawberries
- 50 g sugar
- 500 g mascarpone
- dash of fraîche de bois (Strawberry Liqueur)
- dash of vodka
- dash of crème de cassis (Blackcurrant-flavoured liqueur)
- 2 tbsp icing sugar, extra to sprinkle
- sunflower oil
- 4 mint sprigs
1. For the crêpe batter, sieve the flour and add a pinch of salt to a bowl. Make a hole in the middle, add the eggs and mix together with a splash of the milk. Mix the ingredients together while adding the remaining milk and the butter.
2. Remove the tops of the strawberries. Add 100 grams of strawberries to the sugar and 50 millilitres of water in a pot and heat until smooth at a medium temperature. Cut the remaining strawberries into halves. Allow the strawberry mixture to cool to room temperature and set aside in the fridge.
3. Heat the Big Green Egg with the Cast Iron Grid to 180°C and place the Cast Iron Griddle Half Moon on the grid with the smooth side facing upwards.
4. For the Romanoff, use a spatula to mix the cooled strawberry mixture, mascarpone, fraîche de bois, vodka, crème de cassis and icing sugar together. Baste the Cast Iron Griddle Half Moon with some sunflower oil and allow to heat.
5. For each of the crêpes, pour some batter on the plate and fry them until golden brown on both sides. Briefly heat the halved strawberries on the Cast Iron Griddle Half Moon and cool with a splash of crème de cassis.
6. Place a crêpe on each plate, cover with strawberries and Romanoff and close. Garnish with mint and a cloud of icing sugar.