At Big Green Egg, we’re in good company, looking at the nominees for this prestigious awards ceremony scheduled for 16 November 2014.
Of the 20 nominees, we’re proud to be associated with almost half of the restaurants or chefs on this list.
Here is the full list in alphabetical order:
- Bread and Wine – Neil Jewell’s 12 hour Karoo lamb is a must!
- DW11-13 – Smoked meringue anyone?
- Five Hundred
- Jordan Restaurant
- La Mouette – Henry Vigar and his team had fun on the Big Green Egg at Spier in 2012.
- Makaron – chef Tanja Kruger gave the boys a run for their money also at Spier.
- Overture – with 4 EGGs, we know Bertus loves The Ultimate Cooking Experience as much as we do!
- Planet Restaurant
- Restaurant Mosaic
- Rust en Vrede
- The Greenhouse at Cellars-Hohenort – Peter Tempelhoff’s Lamb and Tomato potjie is a must for low and slow cooking.
- The Kitchen at Maison
- The Pot Luck Club – Luke Dale Roberts’ team have cooked on the EGG at a number of events over the last few years.
- The Restaurant at Newton Johnson
- The Restaurant at Waterkloof
- The Tasting Room – internationally award-winning chef Margot Janse employs a mini EGG for some delicious quail.
- The Test Kitchen – can’t get enough of chef Luke Dale Roberts!
- The White Room at Dear Me
Get the winners’ list here.