Father’s Day starts with the hunt for the perfect gift, which should absolutely never include yet another pair of socks, a hanky or a cartoon tie. If Dad is an avid foodie, it very definitely should include any one – or all – of the following Top Father’s Day Gifts:
- Smoking Chips: Colder temps call for the woody aromas of our Jack Daniels chips, Pecan and Cherry flavoured chips and our very popular Cedar and Alder Grilling Planks.
- Nest & Table Covers: Show the EGG some love, cover up and protect against the elements.
- Premium Tool Set: Perfect gift for any occasion, it includes Tongs, a Fork and Spatula constructed of durable stainless steel.
- Stainless Steel Mini-Burger Slider Basket: Trust us, he’ll want to be behind the braai all the time flipping delicious burgers with ease.
- Meat Claws: Dad will tap into his inner caveman as he rips through big cuts of beef, pork or lamb.
- Tel-Tru Large Dial Temperature Gauge: With this oversized easy-to-read dial, bigger really is better!
If all else fails, a Big Green Egg Gift Voucher can of course be used by Dad to buy himself whatever his (foodie) heart desires!
With the Father’s Day gift sorted, what else do you need for a smoking day where Dad can show off his chops as King of the Grill? A great recipe…
Big Green Egg South Africa is lucky to count a number of chefs as local fans – or EGGheads as they are often called. Whether Dad cooks his own lunch or delegates to you, these delicious grilling recipes should inspire you both:
- Margot Janse’s Sticky Beef Short Ribs
- Reuben Riffel’s Ultimate Steak and Smoked Seafood Stew
- Bertus Basson’s Grilled Entrecote of Beef
- 9th Avenue Bistro’s Slow Roast Pork Belly
If Dad’s in charge of the braai, he’ll want to pop into one of our Father’s Day demos with Patio Warehouse before-hand for advice on the perfect grilling experience. The Braffia – the duo made up of BraaiBoy and Corne “Borries” Bornman – will be in attendance at the Centurion demo day to show Dad how to smoke his own food at home. Big Green Egg and the Braffia will soon be offering a smoking class to teach you how to Smoke Southern (African) style, so watch this space as you’ll definitely want to book a spot for Dad.
So, shop, stock up and get smoking this Father’s Day!